Improving the appearance of the town not only makes Hastings better for those who live here, but it also helps to attract visitors and new employers.
To achieve this, a Labour council will:
- Continue the successful Grotbusting programme to force owners to improve the appearance of land and property;
- Use our compulsory purchase powers to bring more empty homes back into use;
- Use our new in-house street cleansing service to continue to improve street cleaning standards;
Promote our online reporting system for rubbish, dog fouling and fly-tipping to provide clear target times for when problems will be dealt with and use our street wardens to monitor ‘hotspot’ areas regularly;
- Use our new in-house fly tip removal service to develop new policies to deal with fly tipping, using CCTV and other methods to identify perpetrators and secure prosecutions;
- Work with housing associations to make sure their housing estates are kept clean and tidy, investigating joint planning of services and potential use of enforcement powers where this is necessary.